Saturday 10 February 2007

Nullus Anxietas, Day 2

Well, overall today's (Saturday's) installment of the trilogy Nullus Anxietas (for more details, see my post on the first part) was not as exciting as Yesterday but was still a lot of fun, perhaps it was because I had a better idea of what to expect this time round. While it's peaks weren't quite as high, 'twas still a good day - and I got to wear me pirate costume, and those who know me will know how much I enjoy that!
This time I had a much better idea on how to get to the Crest, so was able to allow less time for getting lost and managed to arrive half an hour early (at 8:30am), once again I met The Other Dibbler before getting on the tram, I wonder if it'll happen again tomorrow. Upon arrival I once again settled into some games of Thud. I've now played 5 games, won 2 and I know roughly how to play dwarfs (a challenging task).
Then at 11:00am I was one of four on the Young Readers Panel and despite feeling somewhat out of place (as being neither terribly young anymore nor much of a discworld fan compared to many at the con) It was a lot of fun and due to my standard total lack of stage fright I think I managed to keep the whole thing together rather nicely. But I would like to give a big thanks to our audience who were awesome and in no way condemning and my fellow panelists who made it far more interesting for everyone.
Directly after this was an interview with the man himself Terry Pratchett, overall quite interesting but far from the best item so far. following that was an interesting block with a panel on producing Dicworld plays, a debate on "Is discworld young adult?" and a Sword and Armour demo. All things I'm interested in and I can only attended one, in the end I opted for the Sword and Armour demo, but I still wonder if this was the best choice, as the people who put it on were reenactors. So it was realistic, which unfortunetly often is fairly boring. It did never the less have it's moments though.
Directly after this it was time to line up to get terry to sign my stuff, I was in line for an hour and a half and Missed seeing the play of Wyrd Sisters though I will now see it tomorrow (missing out
on the Terry Q&A session - so the person who got me standing in line to sign her book - yu know who you are - feel grateful!).
Then more Thud to pass the time, went to see Wossnames, a discworld version of the Game show Blankety blanks which was absolutely hysterical at points, I will never look at a resuscitation dummy in the same way again!
Then it was 6pm, so of course time to read Where's My Cow? fun as per last night but not as much so, as this time we (the audience) just did the noises until we told our reader that we wanted to do improve like last night. As such many more people were shy (not me of course, I made a fool of myself at least 4 times in the space of 10 minutes).
Then the spontaneous mob formed before the Gala dinner (fancy dinner in costumes), I am unfortunetly too poor to attend such a function, but looking at everyone's costumes was still a lot of fun. I'm sure there were many brilliant photos taken of The mob!

Unfortunetly today I left my camera at home so I don't have any pictures yet, but worry not I have arranged to get some so you should see some here in the near future. Watch this space!

No comments: